Example Booking on Park On My Drive
For the purpose of this exercise, the hypothetical scenario is this –
- Mr. Jones has an appointment at the Royal Free Hospital in Hampstead, London at 10am on Friday, October 9th, 2009.
- He has registered his details on Park On My Drive as someone who is looking for a parking space.
- He enters his search criteria, in this case ‘Royal Free Hospital’, and a page opens showing nine spaces available within a one-mile radius of the hospital.
- He knows he has to be there most of the day, and he also knows that a days parking in the hospital car park, on the rare occasion a space is available, is £18.
- He narrows down his choice of the available spaces to two. The first is an eleven-minute walk away on a driveway for £9/day, and the second is a four-minute walk away in an enclosed garage for £15/day.
- He decides to opt for the shorter walk, even though it will cost him slightly more money, on the basis that it’s still cheaper than the hospital car park and for his own peace of mind, his car will be in an enclosed garage.
- To book the space, Mr. Jones enters the date and time on the calendar page, uploads a photo of his car, completes the information boxes and clicks the ‘Please Book’ button.
- The owner of that particular driveway receives an email to let him know that someone would like to book his drive between 9.30am and 5pm on Friday October 9th, 2009 and his calendar will be marked accordingly.
- The host then has two options – He can reject the request and remove the ‘tick’ from the calendar (hopefully giving a courteous answer as to why he’s rejected the booking), or he can provisionally accept the booking, subject to payment being made in advance of the day in question.
- We suggest three payment options – cash on arrival, cheque in the post (which of course must be received and cleared prior to parking) and a direct transfer into either a PayPal account or bank account.
- In this scenario, Mr. Jones arrived promptly at 9.30am, paid the garage owner the pre-agreed £15, came back to his car at 5pm and drove home after being given the all-clear at the hospital.
- The booking was completed and both parties walked away happy that Park On My Drive facilitated yet another successful transaction.
For more information, please Contact Us today.